Having a mobile home means that it’s a good idea to get Atlanta mobile home insurance. But you might be wondering what mobile home insurance does and how it can protect you. We’ll go over some of the essentials about the coverage. And while you’re at it, we’ll explain how you can get quotes.
What does mobile home insurance do?
If you get mobile home insurance, your policy may include coverage for:
- The mobile home
- Attached patio or deck
- Storage shed
- Entertainment equipment
- Personal possessions
A mobile home insurance policy can provide coverage for your home – it’s not like a regular home insurance policy because it’s designed to cover your specific risks. (You may even be able to add coverages to your policy – we’ll get into that in a second.) The policy may do the following:
- Protect improvements
- Cover the loss of use of your mobile home
- Cover the actual structure of the mobile home and other structures that are on your premises from losses like fire, windstorm damage, falling objects, lightning, and explosions.
- Protect your personal property, such as electronics, bicycles, furniture, and clothes
- Cover your liability, meaning it can help you if someone is injured on your property. It can pay for the medical expenses if a non-resident is injured, and it can help cover damages/defense costs if there’s an accidental covered incident.
Of course, it’s really important to read through the policy thoroughly to see what is and isn’t covered. Asking questions about things you might wonder about or need some further clarification on is never a bad idea.
You may want to consider adding some coverages to your mobile home insurance. You might be able to get the following coverages added to your policy:
- Emergency removal – This can pay for the moving of your mobile home to another place if you’re in the path of a disaster (like a fire or tornado)
- Trip collision – This coverage can provide protection for when you’re moving the mobile home to a new permanent location
- Worldwide coverage – Protect your belongings if they’re stolen or damaged when traveling to another permanent location
- Fire department charges – This can give reimbursement for the charges if your mobile home is in a place that isn’t serviced by a fire department
- Extended coverage – This can cover valuables or give extended coverage for electronics
- Water backup – Can protect against damage that results from water backup through the sewer, drain, or sump pump
- Additional dwelling rented to others
- Identity theft insurance
So, those are some of the basics of mobile home insurance. It’s intended to protect the unique risks that a mobile home faces. But, as we mentioned earlier, there’s no understating the importance of reading your policy carefully. (Make sure you know what is and isn’t covered by your policy so you don’t get any nasty surprises down the line.)
Get mobile home insurance.
If you’re wondering how to get Atlanta mobile home insurance, we can help. Our team would be happy to see what we can do to help you get the coverage you need. Just fill out our online form, give us a call, or message us on LiveChat.