Compare home insurance quotes in Atlanta and save!
We'll shop and help you save on your homeowners insurance in Atlanta
The Best Home Insurance In Atlanta
Have you ever been kept awake at night by the thought of what would happen if your Atlanta home burned down? Do you worry about your home and your insurance coverage? Do you wonder whether or not you have the best homeowners insurance coverage in Atlanta?
With home insurance from our team here at Atlanta Insurance, you can rest easy knowing that your house and your belongings are covered. Home insurance protects you from a variety of disasters, so even though there’s no way to know what the future will look like you’ll know you’re protected from it.
Your standard Atlanta home insurance policy has two main areas of coverage:
Which metro-Atlanta city do you call home?
It doesn’t matter where you are in the Atlanta area - we’ll help you get the top homeowners insurance quotes available. North, south, east, or west, if you’re in the ATL area, we’ve got you. And that means…
- Sandy Springs
- Johns Creek
- Peachtree City
Just to name a few!
We’ll help you get the home insurance that you need to protect your Atlanta home. It’s easy to get peace of mind when you work with the experts at Atlanta Insurance to create a home insurance plan to protect your family.
This is the section of insurance that covers the structure and the belongings in it. As far as property coverage goes, home insurance generally covers…
The home itself: This provides protection for the dwelling if you’re hit by a covered loss, such as fire or hail. You’ll need to make sure that you’ve got enough insurance to completely cover the cost of rebuilding your home from the ground up.
Other structures: This means that your garden shed, fence, and garage are covered too. There’s often coverage built in for additional structures, although how much coverage is determined by your policy.
Personal belongings: Your home insurance helps cover your personal possessions, like furniture and electronics. It’s important that you have an idea of the value of your belongings. You can get an idea of how much insurance you’re going to need for your belongings by taking a home inventory, which is basically a list of the items in your home, room by room.
If you’re forced to leave your home: If a fire or other covered loss damages your home so that it’s not habitable, you’d have to temporarily relocate your family while it’s repaired. This section of home insurance helps cover any expenses beyond your normal living costs that you accumulate because you’re unable to live in your home (up to the limit on the policy.)
Atlanta Liability Insurance
This part of your home insurance policy protects you if you face a lawsuit for causing bodily harm or property damage to someone else. It helps cover the costs of your legal fees and any court-mandated damages that you have to pay to the injured party.
Pro Tips for Atlanta Home Insurance and Getting the Coverage You Need:
- Make sure that you have enough coverage to rebuild your home and cover added construction costs.
- Do a review of your policy at least once a year. Pay attention to any lifestyle changes that might have happened in the previous year.
- Check for any exclusions. It’s important to know what your policy does and does not cover - for example, you need to purchase extra coverage against earthquakes and flooding because a typical home insurance policy won’t cover them.
- Make sure that you reevaluate your insurance if you do a major home improvement or renovation.
- Insure your personal property for its replacement value. If you insure your belongings for their actual cash value instead, you might not be able to cover the costs of replacing them due to a depreciation of value.
- Do a home inventory.